Call for Abstracts
Late breaking abstracts can be submitted for e-poster presentation from June 1 to August 31, 2022.
All abstracts submitted by July 13 will be published in the abstract book “Toxicology Letters” by Elsevier (unsorted in the chapter “Late breaking abstracts”). Abstracts submitted later than July 13 will be available on the congress website.
Deadline for regular abstract submission was on April 18, 2022, 23:59 (CEST).
These abstracts will be reviewed within the next weeks, so that the notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of May.
In case your abstract will not be accepted you have the right to cancel your registration to the congress free of charge (by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
All abstracts submitted by March 1, 2022 have been reviewed in the first week of March. Notification of acceptance or rejection have been sent by e-mail on March 15.
The poster size for all paper posters is A0 portrait format, 841 mm x 1189 mm.
Paper posters are to be presented on-site by all authors whose regularly submitted abstract has been accepted as a poster abstract.
All accepted poster abstracts (regular submitted and late breaking poster abstracts) have to be presented as e-posters. Authors of abstracts accepted as short oral communication are allowed to upload an e-poster in addition to their talk.
The upload of e-posters will be possible after the notification of abstract acceptance. All e-posters will be displayed throughout the entire congress.
- Only one abstract per registered delegate can be submitted. (Invited speakers are entitled to submit an abstract for poster presentation or short oral communication in addition to their invited speaker abstract.)
- Abstracts can be submitted for poster presentation or for short oral communication (not applicable for late breaking abstracts). The final decision whether an abstract is accepted as a poster or as a short oral presentation, or even rejected, lies with the reviewer and the ICT 2022 Scientific Program Committee.
- Only regular submitted abstracts from registered delegates who paid the registration fees in full will be published in the abstract book, special issue of “Toxicology Letters” published by Elsevier).
- The prerequisite for submitting an abstract is that it represents original work, not previously published and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English language only.
- The abstract should be no longer than 3000 characters (incl. space characters).
- Any pictures, attachments or similar are not allowed/will not be displayed.
- The abstract should state the purpose, methods and results of the study.
- Please ensure complete listing and correct order of all (co-)authors, correct formatting and grammar. Accepted abstracts will be printed and published as they have been submitted.
- All submitted abstracts can be edited until the submission deadline (April 18, 2022). To view or edit your abstract please use the link and log in to your abstract submission account.
- Please indicate at least one (max. five) keywords when submitting your abstract (free choice of keywords).
- Together with your abstract submission, you may apply for a fellowship or for one of the awards which are granted by IUTOX and EUROTOX (more information under the menu item “Awards & Bursaries“).
Topics for abstract submission:
T01 Advanced materials toxicology
T02 Adverse outcome pathways
T03 Artificial Intelligence in toxicological risk assessment
T04 Biomarkers of adverse effects
T05 Clinical and forensic toxicology
T06 Computational toxicology
T07 Dermal toxicology
T08 Developmental & reproductive toxicology
T09 Environmental toxicology
T10 Genotoxicity, mutagenicity and carcinogenicity
T11 Gastrointestinal tract toxicology & microbiome
T13 Organ toxicology (includes liver, heart, kidney, spleen and blood)
T14 In vitro methodologies & screening
T15 In vitro to in vivo to human extrapolation
T16 Inhalation and respiratory toxicology
T17 Metabolic toxicology and biotransformation
T18 Mixture toxicology
T20 New Approach Methodologies (NAMs)
T21 New (alternative) methods
T22 Occupational toxicology
T23 Omics approaches in toxicology
T24 Regulatory toxicology
T25 Risk prediction and assessment
T26 Safe by design & toxicology
T27 Translational toxicology
T28 Toxicological pathology